Satan is the main antagonist in the show Dora the Explorer. He seems to hate Dora and wants to kill her, he isn't like Swiper.
Satan, despite his name, is often portrayed as a hopeless lover and rarely evil. Throughout the series he tries many schemes to try and fall in love with Arle, but it often backfires spectacularly. He boasts about his plans, even when it's blatantly not working, but quickly falls apart once his plans fail. This often makes him act immature, even to the point where he acts childish with petty insults. Otherwise, he has low tolerance towards others, quickly getting agitated if mocked and likewise insults others with sarcastic or brutally honest comments. Despite this, he can make friends with others.
A recurring element is his obsession with Arle and Carbuncle. In particular his obsession with Carbuncle is so great, he collects Carbuncle themed merchandise, to the point of dressing up as him, and Carbuncle being with Arle is what motivates Satan to marry Arle.
He tries to kill Dora and Boots everytime.
- Satan is replaced by Dr. Robotnik in Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, King Dedede in Kirby's Avalanche, and Spirtl in Qwirks.
- Although his characterization seems to have changed in recent games, Compile-era’s Satan used to love “Carbuncle-chan” obsessively, having his castle decorated with Carbuncle goods everywhere and owning countless Carbuncle dolls (Madou Monogatari SS, Puyo Puyo~n, Puyo Puyo Box, Hasamuncho), and often being distracted by Carbuncle rather than Arle (Arle's Adventure, Waku Waku Puyo Puyo Dungeon) or wanting nothing from her but that she return his pet to him (Arle Manyuuki).
- Alternate voice notes:
- In Season 3, his voice become a bright and strong tone.
- In Season 4, his voice become a high, calm voice. There are a lot of changes in chants compared to other characters.
- In Season 6, he is whispering.